Here we are at week 4....already! Time flies when you have a deadline! I don't have any pretty pictures this week, but that means the dirty work is getting done. My biggest (ORC) accomplishments this week were putting together the shelf and painting the cabinet (I actually still have one coat to go but should finish today).
When I ordered the shelf, I purchased the 8' because even though my ceilings are 8', that was the best size option for the look I wanted...I just needed to figure out a way to cut down each metal shelf pole to account for ceiling height and crown molding. This week I had a nice neighbor with all the tools cut 5 1/2" off each side for me and now it's the perfect height! The bottom shelf is pretty close to the ground, but I'm totally happy with how the final result looks.
It's ready and waiting to be attached to the wall (and will be straight up and down!):
This is after the first coat of paint on the cabinet. I decided on chalk paint to avoid having to sand and prime it, definitely a time saver....but the color choices are limited. This color was the best option- it's a little greener than I'd like- but still looks great with the wallpaper, which is actually a blue/green/gray but comes off more navy in photos.
Besides finishing the cabinet, this week I will fix up the light a bit and hide the ceiling with a medallion. I have one more little DIY to attempt (a bulletin board) and then the styling can begin! Click here to check out all the other guest participants' progress.